workshop FAQ

Saturday, March 22, 2008

two (lost) birds


two little bird kings  acrylic/mixed on board. 2007. sarah ahearn.

This is one of my paintings that was hanging 
in a lovely show here in Ithaca at one of the 
nicest restaurants in town.  
This painting  is no longer hanging  there in 
the lovely show as I write this because it 
was     S  T  O  L   E   N    recently!!!
I have never had one of my pieces stolen 
from a show and I just cannot believe it! 
Not to mention it was taken from a place 
where I would have never imagined anything 
like that could happen. 
+ +++  +  +
Thievery is the sincerest form of flattery?  
Many people are telling me I should feel 
honored, they loved it so much they just 
had to have it....but no, I am just feeling 
frustrated and sad.  
Here's hoping it may turn up...




3 comments:

  1. oh that really sucks.
    It is a really lovely painting, but stealing is just plain bad.

    Well, like Earl I do believe in karma, so hopefully the stealer will get the karma they deserve :o)

    Monda
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah-
    Very sad news about the painting, I cannot believe anyone would do that?!

    What goes around, comes around, tho.............

    Happy Spring, we still have snow.

    Love, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very sad!!! I just found your work on flickr and wanted to pop in and say how much I love it! I would never steal it though...

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for saying hello! i do my best to reply to comments, please know i read and appreciate each and every one! xo *s