workshop FAQ

Thursday, September 19, 2013

let’s catch up, shall we?

July, you were pretty exhausting... make that pretty and exhausting. until next year... #walkingovertheriver

oh summer, where OH where did you go? you seemed to have passed right by in the blink of an eye!

don’t get me wrong, i am thrilled that it’s fall, my favorite time of the year, but i just can’t help but feel as if it should still be mid-july! although it was all a bit of a blur, those sultry sticky days were luckily balanced out with some special, quintessential summery moments ~

first relaxing Saturday all summer... just hopping & counting
hazelnut, strawberry, chocolate, and she has watermelon. I love those little gelato spoons!
IMG_2865
hopscotch / gelato overload / a really good book

speaking of mid-july, i think that’s where we last left off, isn’t it?! geeze. well, i was keeping these fingers VERY busy on my keyboard, only it was behind a secret password protected site as mid-july marked the beginning of my online workshop.  it was AMAZING, if i do say so myself ;) but don’t just take my word for it, here’s what a few of my sweet students had to say- *blush*

-Sarah, you are a wonderful teacher and a beautiful inspiration. It's the reason I decided to sign up in the first place even though I took your class at Squam. Thank you for your attention and focus throughout the class. You've made it very personal. On top of all that, you've made me realize that I can be and I am an artist. Thank you for that gift.

-There is just something different about this class, I can't put my finger on it, but I am loving it. The pace, the content, the connections, it just all fits and feels good, not overwhelming.

-Sarah, thank you so much for the past few weeks, it has been an amazing journey and I can't believe how much progress I've made. Just the act of setting up my creative space and making my tools accessible has made me so much more productive. And now everywhere I go I scan for things that could become a stencil or an image transfer of some sort, it's so much fun! But the best part is that every day my 2-year old daughter comes home from school and asks to work in her "art book" (your kid kit). I get the biggest smile every time she asks for her stickers and paint, thank you for inspiring both of us. You've brought together such an inspiring and supportive group of people from around the world, it's been such a gift to be a part of this group. Thank you for this experience, it will become a treasured memory.

I am just so thankful to my students! The workshop ran (and is currently still open for students) for just over a month, and although i truly loved every minute of it, i also pretty much collapsed at the end of it. phew!
+ + +


ada, dada & mama at crane beach. summer 2013
ada, dada, & mama at crane beach
Shortly thereafter we took a much needed mini-vacation to the north shore of massachusetts and into boston. we hung out on the beach, ate delicious food, took ada on a duck boat tour (so fun)!, and i don’t think i opened my laptop for days on end. 


she could do this for hours.... #earlymorningbeachswing
early morning swinging on the beach (7:30 am) 
the bubble man! making giant magic beach bubbles!
the “bubble man” making magic on the beach! 


when we got home it was country fair time AND get ready for nursery school time! i know, i have a kiddo in SCHOOL! whoa. more on that next week! (hint- she LOVES it) ! 


I hope this finds YOU well and off to a good start to your Fall/school year!  it always feels like the new year to me- i’m cleaning, organizing, making plans, and working on lots of new meals. i’ll share some of those sorts of ideas soon, but until then, i’ll be back to blogging and back to sharing new art, workshops, and news :) ! see you soon!
xoxo *s

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for saying hello! i do my best to reply to comments, please know i read and appreciate each and every one! xo *s